If you’re in the broadcast industry, then you know the challenges of crafting a production well beyond just the standards of top of the line content creation. Creativity within the broadcast industry involves more than just a superb amount of quality content when its the end result of the presentation that counts most. Any broadcast professional with a brand and an audience needs a good set of tools, and IHSE is more than happy to fulfill that need.
For over three and a half decades, IHSE has succeeded as a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced KVM devices in global demand. KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse, and KVM technology allows the switching, extension, and conversion of these three primary computer signals and many else, e.g. DVI, HDMI, digital audio, or USB. IHSE specializes in the development and the manufacturing of switches for operating and switching between computers and consoles. The company also makes extenders for visually lossless signal transmission, as they have been for the past thirty years since it was founded.
- The Draco Vario IP CON R488 (Remote Workstation Access Gateway
- The Draco Vario IP CPU L488 (Remote Virtual Server Acces)
- The Draco ultra DisplayPort 490/240 Series
- The Draco ultra MV42 Multiview Processor
These products, along with the Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0, are what make IHSE an ideal option for broadcast professionals looking to improve the quality of their content and the ways in which they distribute it.
IHSE’s Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0
IHSE’s Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0 extender provides broadcasters real-time access to HDMI computers from a remote workstation, and that includes monitor, keyboard, mouse, loudspeakers and other peripheral devices. This extender is equipped with an integrated Fraunhofer IIS Lici® codec that enables it the perfect quality transmission of HDMI video up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz.
The Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0 extender allows for the operation of CPUs from a remotely located workstation including HDMI monitor, keyboard, and pointing device over a duplex LC fiber connection. With this extender, a user can transfer fully-digital video with the added support of 4K resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 and 3840 x 2160 at a real 60-Hz refresh rate and color depth (24 bit, 4:4:4 or 30 bit, 4:2:2).
This unique KVM extender also supports audio transmission via the HDMI interface, as well the integration of optional Draco vario add-on modules for digital audio input and output. This includes data signals such as USB 2.0 and RS232. For direct video access in the server room, the CPU Unit includes a local output to connect a control monitor.
Several features of the Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0 extender include:
- Operation of CPUs from a remote workstation with a HDMI 2.0 monitor and USB-HID devices
- Transmission of fully-digital video signals up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160)
- New lossless video codec (visually), no frame drops, 30 bit (Deep Color) 4:2:2
- PCM audio format can be transferred via the HDMI interface (up to 96 kHz)
- Local output on CPU Unit (Micro HDMI)
- Local input on CON Unit (Micro HDMI)
- Optional: Redundant data link for 24/7 availability
- Compatibility with major operating systems, chassis of the Draco vario series, IHSE Draco tera KVM matrix switches with XV interfaces, and other main modules of Draco vario ultra extenders (49x series)
The work of any creative professional has to stand out. Having a unique brand of content will most certainly boost a creative’s chances of garnering a particular audience. Having the best tools isn’t essential, but it doesn’t hurt to be as well as equipped as plenty of IHSE’s HDMI KVM extenders most certainly do when it comes to improving the quality of a broadcaster’s content. The Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0 extender, as well as many of the other products that make up the company’s inventory present broadcasters with the option to distribute their video content in a higher quality format. Whether its the Draco Vario IP CPU L488, which is a first-of-its-kind virtual KVM solution that enables the integration of virtual servers into existing Draco tera KVM physical switch systems, or the multisite computer sources managing Draco Vario IP CON R488, broadcasters will have their fill of high-quality products from IHSE.
For more than thirty years, IHSE has developed new and innovative ways of supporting next-generation distribution products for KVM and video signal extension. Both public and private organizations such as broadcasting, post-production, government and military, medical, air traffic control, financial, and oil & petroleum industries deploy the company’s technology on a worldwide scale. The company offers a full line-up of video and computer CPU signal extenders for signal distribution using Cat-X or Fiber optic cables. ISHE also offers a line of DVI converters for legacy video formats, and that includes CWDM Mux/Demux units, O-E repeaters, and several extender options for redundant path distribution that help support “critical path distribution” video and data access.
For more information on IHSE, visit www.ihse.com/.
- Sennheiser’s 6000 Series Offers Broadcast Professionals High Quality Audio Transmission - May 30, 2020
- DekTec’s New Quad 3G-SDI/ASI PCIe Card Can Boost Video Production And Distribution For Broadcasters - May 24, 2020
- The Draco vario ultra HDMI 2.0 Generates High-Quality Video Distribution - May 24, 2020