May 28, 2021
Atomos is proud to announce the New Atomos Shinobi 7. The new big, bright and beautiful monitor-only provides the expansive screen real estate of the large 7” screen with the lightweight Monitor-only function of the original Atomos Shinobi.
The New Shinobi 7
Shinobi 7 is a bigger and brighter screen and takes the foundations of the original Shinobi to the next level. With a calibrated peak brightness of 2200Nits, the Shinobi 7 can be used in the brightest of environments without the need for a sun hood or for conversion of Log inputs for HDR monitoring. With the big, bright, and beautiful lightweight display the configuration options are endless, providing an ideal director’s or focus puller’s monitor, program, or preview display for video switchers and the perfect view for vloggers presenting to camera.
Camera controls at the tip of your fingers
Control your favorite cameras by using the intuitive touch screen of the Shinobi 7, designed to give you fast access to the most crucial camera features. Focus on the beautiful image and make dynamic adjustments of iris, white balance, shutter angle and ND. With the optional Atomos USB-C to serial cable, support is available out the box for the Z Cam E2 series camera, providing direct control of all the menu configurations. The additional USB and RJ45 control ports on the Shinobi 7 also provide support for future developments, as more options are added for touch screen camera control.
HDR in the field
The Shinobi 7 screen displays a stunning 10+ stops of dynamic range in real-time from Log/PQ/HLG signals. Combined with our unique HDR monitoring features, the Shinobi 7 simplifies the complexities of shooting Log and HDR, helping you to replicate post-production workflows at the moment when it matters most – while shooting. With Adaptive Cooling, you can also prioritize reduced fan noise or the peak brightness of the display, allowing us to look after the technology so you can focus on the storytelling.
Built-in 3D LUT box, Continuous Power and more
In addition to Log to HDR conversions, you can also use your own custom 3D LUT to feed downstream to other devices or live feed. Load up to eight custom LUTs at any time via the SD Card Slot and instantly select between them, maintaining creative intent at all times.
The dual battery slots allow you to easily hot-swap batteries during your shoot and never be caught without power, as the dual slots combined allow you to run all day. The dedicated locking DC jack input allows you to connect to mains power on-set and can also be used with the optional DC to D-TAP cable for power in the field from V-lock batteries.
With the new Analysis feature, you can now simultaneously see what you are shooting, view a waveform, histogram and vectorscope, ensuring complete control of your image.
Key user benefits from the Shinobi 7
- 2200 Nits HDR / Daylight viewable display
- HDMI 2.0 support for 4Kp60, 3G SDI support up to 2Kp60
- Bi-directional HDMI <=> SDI signal cross conversion
- Dual NPF battery slots for continuous power
- 3D LUT support with Preview and Loop out
- AtomHDR provides built-in Log to HDR conversion for Display and loop out
- Touch screen Camera control via optional cable for compatible cameras of Iris, WB, Shutter speed and ND
- Exposure tools – histogram, waveform, false color & Zebras
- Pull focus with confidence using Zoom 4:1, 2:1, 1:1
- Headphone monitoring of camera audio
To learn more about the Shinobi 7 you can visit: www.atomos.com/products/shinobi-7
- 2022 Rise Awards Celebrate Winners in the Media Technology Industry - December 1, 2022
- Cinematographer Aaron McLisky, ACS, “Goes All In” to bring the Cooke Look to Russell Crowe’s Poker Face - November 30, 2022
- Little Falls Church Upgrades Video Productions with ChurchPix, Opens its Doors for other Churches to Learn - November 17, 2022