TORONTO— The SIM Group will host leading manufacturers of cameras, lenses, sound, grip and lighting, post production gear and workflow systems at the 11th Annual SIM Technology Showcase slated for January 28th in Toronto. The popular event provides members of the production and post-production communities with a unique opportunity to examine innovative new products, witness leading-edge technology demonstrations and find out from the experts how these new tools and workflows can benefit their businesses.
Arri, Fujinon, Sony, BandPro and Sennheiser are among the nearly two dozen manufacturers taking part. SIM Group divisions Tattersall Sound & Picture, PS Production Services, Bling Digital, SIM Digital and Pixel Underground will also host technology demonstrations.
Unlike massive trade shows, the SIM Technology Showcase offers a chance to evaluate the latest tools and techniques up close, in a relaxed, intimate environment. “Production and post professionals can talk directly to manufacturers’ representatives about new products,” says SIM Group CEO Rob Sim. “It’s an opportunity to gather information and to share ideas. It’s also a lot of fun…that’s why people come back year after year.”
Highlights of this year’s event will include a demonstration of Dolby Atmos immersive audio technology by Tattersall Sound & Picture. Used on a number of recent blockbuster features, Atmos produces sound that seems to flow around the audience for heightened realism. With broadcast standards for Atmos about to be released, Tattersall Re-Recording Mixer Lou Solakofski and Tattersall General Manager, Peter Gibson, will demonstrate how television series can take advantage of the new technology.
“It’s not just about loud sounds,” Solakofski explains. “It’s more about the sonic details that add to the viewer’s involvement. Atmos allows you the feeling of being someplace other than your living room.”
Other demos will include:
- Bright Tangerine will present the latest additions to its popular line of matte boxes.
- DAV will be showcasing Tiger Technology’s Tiger Box which offers complete and simple multi-user shared storage workflow solutions for onset, post and broadcast facilities.
- HD Source will be showcasing the new Sony PXW FS5 camera, featuring a Super35 “Exmor” CMOS sensor.
- IHSE USA will demonstrate the Draco Ultra KVM extender which enables the operation of CPUs from a remotely located workstation.
- Lectrosonics will be introducing its L series LR camera wireless microphone kit for ENG and DSLR film and video production.
- Mac Tech LED will show its new Artist Series, a superior line of energy saving, low-heat LED.
- Sennheiser will be featuring the new Sennheiser AVX camera-mountable lavalier digital wireless set.
- Optics specialist ZGC will be showing the new Cooke Anamorphic/i 65 MACRO Prime, 5/i, S4/i, miniS4/i and Anamorphic /i Prime lenses.
What: SIM Group Toronto’s 11th Annual SIM Technology Showcase
When: January 28th, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: SIM Digital Toronto
1 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 110
Toronto, ON M6K 3E7
Exhibitors: DAV Solutions Inc., Arri Canada, HD Source, Sennheiser Canada, Sony Canada, Rosco, Evertz, CineSysOceana, IHSE USA, Panasonic, The Source Shop, Vistek, Thales Angenieux, Lectrosonics, Bright Tangerine, Fujinon Inc., Canon, Mactech LED, ZGC / Cooke, Convergent Design and BandPro.
RSVP: [email protected]
About SIM Group:
Backed by Toronto-based investment firm Granite Partners, the SIM Group is a leading supplier of production equipment, workflow and post-production solutions, with offices across the US, Canada and China. Our diverse services can be utilized on any production at any stage. In Canada, our offices in Toronto and Vancouver service grip and lighting from PS Production Services and can be complemented with SIM Digital cinematography and playback equipment for any production’s needs. Bling, Chainsaw, Pixel Underground, Tattersall Sound and Picture and Post Factory NY provide an array of services from dailies, to online and offline editing, to final color/DI and visual effects, to sound editorial and mixing. Bling’s services, which include a comprehensive workflow solution, are offered at all offices across the US and Canada, as well as off-site service through POD (Post on Demand). Chainsaw’s full-service facility in Hollywood provides creative editorial and extensive finishing services with some of the top colorists in the industry. Rounding out the family of companies are Pixel Underground, a Toronto-based post-production company, and its associated service, StationEX, which provides physical and file-based media fulfillment and encoding/distribution services, Tattersall Sound and Picture, a provider of sound editorial and mixing for motion pictures and television and Post Factory NY, one of the East Coast’s top independent post-production facilities. For more information, visit simgroup.com
- Goldcrest Post Prepares “Cat Person” for Sundance Premiere - February 1, 2023
- Colorist Society Hollywood Launches Podcast Series - January 31, 2023
- SMPTE Hollywood to Explore NDI® (Network Device Interface), January 25, in Free, Zoom Event - January 24, 2023