Position: Tier 2, Application Support Engineer
Company: Prime Focus Technologies, Inc.
Location: Culver City CA US
We are seeking a self-motivated, customer-centric individual, responsible for providing second & third level of product support for a software platform supporting the Media & Entertainment industry. You will be working as a support team member, utilizing your technical skills and product expertise by helping to resolve customer reported product issues.
- Handling and management of second level support tickets (P1, P2, P3, P4s)
- Attending incident conference calls to resolve issues of other components
- Resolving support tickets within the specified time per client agreement
- Following up with development teams for resolving cases
- Investigating issues and log extraction
- Providing workarounds and incident resolutions to customers
- Resolving and isolating problems, liaise with other component teams to isolate problems, update problem records
- Ensuring adherence to SLAs for problem resolution
- Investigating using alerts and notifications & system logs
- Managing and resolving production server bugs
- Identifying the root causes of issues and troubleshooting the problem accurately
- Working on RCA(Root Cause) Action Items, RCA Documentation & RCA updates
- Resolving application outages, and issues impacting multiple users
- Adhering to escalation procedures & following-up with development teams when code changes are required
- Creating Change Requests
- Conducting Impact analysis
- Following-up on activities related to Change Management:
- Working on Pre-Deployment Activities
- Preparing and reviewing implementation plans
- Deploying the code in production platforms
- Testing E2E Support after live deployments
- Deploying live patches
- Conducting Post Deployment Checks, Sanity Testing, etc.
- Maintaining the batch processes running in the customer environments and all the Upstream/Downstream processes which are critical for the business.
- Contributing to performance improvements by automating scripts.
- Monitoring the log files and log information of the jobs.
- Validating complete Application once deployed in the Production Environment.
Working with Team:
- Creating performance summaries and preparing shift charts
- Escalating issues to the development team when code changes are required, or complex issues are faced.
The ideal candidate should have 5-7 years of experience in the following areas:
- Domain knowledge in the broadcast industry.
- Exposure to pre-production, production, and post-production workflows.
- Strong Customer focus, with effective organizational and communication skills.
- Background in supporting cloud-based applications.
- L3 Service engineering experience.
- Background in DEV Ops and Tech Ops.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- Culver City, CA
- Level 2, application support engineering: 3 years
- MSQL: 1 year
- C++: 1 year