London, UK – 06 March 2018 – V-Nova Ltd is showcasing its latest products built on its award-winning compression technology, PERSEUS, at Convergence India (Hall 12A, Stand E239 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on March 7-9, 2018). Visitors to the show will discover how V-Nova has enabled fastfilmz to deliver video to 2G/3G customers in India, increasing fastfilmz’ addressable market by 4x while also delivering Full HD at under 1Mbps.
On-stand demonstrations at Convergence India include:
- PERSEUS Plus: V-Nova’s revolutionary video codec delivers a step-change in compression efficiency without the need for any new hardware, unlike HEVC, VP9 or AV1. This allows for fast deployment to all consumer devices available in the market today, requiring only a simple software upgrade or playback through ubiquitous HTML5 browsers.
- Link: V-Nova’s flexible, bidirectional Intra encoder/decoder for the contribution market is used by large-scale operators and broadcasters, including Sky and Eutelsat, to deploy workflows such as OB and event production, site-to-site collaboration, remote production and post production. A single device transports up to 8HD/2UHD services at up to 80% less bandwidth than comparable JPEG2000 solutions, all while maintaining low latency, visually lossless quality.
Guido Meardi, CEO and co-founder at V-Nova, explained: “India is one of the highest growth markets and one of the hottest for V-Nova. Nowhere like India, the video industry faces significant infrastructure challenges preventing it from offering the world’s most extensive content catalogue to one of the largest populations in the world. By dramatically shrinking the amount of data that needs to be transmitted over today’s networks, we have made it possible to deliver HD quality video to all consumers, regardless of the network they are on. We are looking forward to seeing where the market is headed at Convergence India.”
- ViewNexa™ survey reveals streaming viewers are ready to ditch subscriptions in favor of advertising, with 75% interested in FAST services - October 4, 2023
- ViewNexa™ survey reveals dissatisfaction among subscribers to major streaming services, citing poor content discovery and crackdown on password-sharing - September 28, 2023
- Evergent Expands Presence in Africa with Launch of New Identity and Subscriber Management System for e.tv - September 26, 2023