Position: Vertical Solutions Engineer, Google Cloud (Media and Entertainment)
Location: Mountain View CA US
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
The Media and Entertainment Industry is transforming fast. An increasing amount of Internet bandwidth consumed in the next few years will be video, as consumers worldwide are increasingly watching film and television on their connected devices. The Media Vertical team at Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is innovating Google technologies, large-scale infrastructure and machine learning capabilities to enable media companies to create amazing content, deliver better user experiences and effectively promote in a changing industry.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will solve the infrastructure, platform and services challenges for the Media Industry. You will work very closely with marquee media customers and technical partners. You will deliver innovative solutions across GCP’s product offerings including compute, storage, networking, rendering, analytics and machine learning. You will prototype proof of concepts, work closely with internal teams to enhance core products, engage with customers to tune our solution portfolio and build scalable internal/partner-facing applications. As part of this team you will help shape the future of the Media Industry for Google Cloud.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Design, assemble and deploy reusable solutions incorporating both GCP and partner products.
- Establish the tools, infrastructure and expertise required to ensure robust solutions and scalable deployments.
- Analyze, review and modify solution architectures to increase operating efficiency and incorporate new requirements. Provide partners with specific tools and consultation to optimize partnership value.
- Develop operational procedures to efficiently establish and maintain partner product usage.
- Author and review technical documentation including design, development and revision documents. Write and review code in compiled or scripted languages. Create applications using standard and Google-specific software development tools. Test, debug, maintain and/or update applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the Media Industry: Pre/Post Production, Broadcasting, Over the Top, Content Management Systems (Mobile Application Management, Display Account Management), VR, AR, Feature Animation Production or Content Production Workflows.
- Experience coding in multiple programming languages.
- Experience in a technical role delivering to customers or internal stakeholders.
- Experience with cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, networking, platforms and data).
- Experience with the general cloud market, industry analysis and customer buying behavior.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.