Position: Video Engineer Job
Location: Cleveland OH US
SAIC is hiring a Video Engineer in Cleveland, OH to support NASA. Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Serves as an engineer specializing in audio visual and digital signage hardware, software, networks, and systems.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs AV hardware and software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Supports activities throughout the lifecycle of the AV system (defining requirements, designing solutions, procurement of equipment, installing systems, operating systems in support of the end user, and high level troubleshooting of any system failures.)
- Provides specifications and detailed drawings for AV system hardware, software and network architecture.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, of new AV systems.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Determines AV system user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems and meet user’s requirements; develops techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; and ensures standards are met.
- Conducts testing of AV systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of AV systems network, hardware, and software interconnection and interfacing.
- Communicates directly with senior customer leadership clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Video Engineer will also be responsible for asset management for network LAN equipment for inventory, excess and database management.
- Provide support for live broadcast on special events through closed Link TV support and IPTV Streaming.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years’ experience. Additional years of experience may be accepted in place of a degree.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus; Networking, SCALA Content Manager, SCALA Designer VMWARE. Video bulletin boards Satellite receivers.
- Production head-end equipment modulators, combiners, encoders and monitors.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 15, 2018, 7:36:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-OH-CLEVELAND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job