Position: Video Publishing Administrator
Company: The CW Network
Location: Burbank CA US
The CW Network, LLC seeks a Video Publishing Administrator for the Digital Media department. The Video Publishing Administrator ingests, creates, prepares and publishes video content for The CW and CW Seed. This will include work on the websites, mobile apps, OTT, social media, and emerging technologies.
What part will you play?
- Prepares/creates all elements necessary to publish video such as encoding/transcoding, uploading, metadata, scheduling, and is responsible for quality control before publishing.
- Coordinates within the digital department and with other departments to receive and deliver video content and meet other marketing needs.
- Create basic art/design elements or video edits to make content ready for publishing, including but not limited to, creating video thumbnails and making basic video edits.
- Keep up on latest trends and advances in technology to create improved processes and workflow.
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS degree in related field preferred.
- Previous video/web publishing experience preferred.
- Experience with detailed troubleshooting of complex video publishing and delivery systems.
- Knowledge of advertising and promotional terminology and procedures, including, but not limited to, artwork (image formats, graphics, logos, etc.), video (digital encoding formats, tape formats, generic & episodic promos, duplication, etc.), new technology (online strategies, websites, digital asset management, etc.) and written materials (synopses, log lines, running orders, fact sheets, etc.).
- Strong understanding of television production and post-production.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, MS Office, Outlook, Google Docs, Final Cut, Premiere, Content Management Systems, Media Encoder, Photoshop, etc.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment where tasks, projects and deadlines can change daily.
- Must be able to quickly learn new computer systems and tools.
- Must be able to work additional hours as required.
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!