Position: Video Specialist
Location: Mountain View CA US
Udacity’s Video Production team is looking for a Video Specialist for the Data Analytics team to independently drive course content projects forward from ideation through uploading, including storyboarding, filming, editing, and motion graphics for our Innovations team. In addition to being competent in all areas of preproduction, production, and post, you’ll have strong editorial judgement, the ability to take direction well, and experience giving and receiving critical feedback. You’ll thrive in fast-paced, creative environments, feel motivated by the challenge inherent in tight deadlines, and have the courage to take creative risks. As a video producer at Udacity, you’ll also be expected to work collaboratively with the rest of the video team, always pushing yourself and our team creatively and technically, and be able to communicate effectively with other teams at the company.
This Video Specialist role will be working with a cross functional team for a 6 month contract.
You must reside in or be willing and able to relocate to the Bay Area as the Specialist must be in Mountain View 5 days a week. Potential for working remotely 2-3 days a month.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducting studio shoots independently, including directing the instructors, running camera, setting up lights, sound, set design, etc.
- Editing in Premiere Pro CC and managing media.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback in a team setting.
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the production team to continuously raise the bar in terms of production value.
- Managing remote editors and animators.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you have:
- Minimum 3 years experience with video editing in Adobe Premiere
- Minimum 3 years experience with video production and familiarity with DSLRs and professional sound, grip, and lighting equipment
- Ability to create motion graphics in AfterEffects
- Enjoys working with creative, diverse teams and is happy to contribute where and when needed
- Takes direction well but also has sound editorial judgement
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- Juggles a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while remaining calm, organized, and flexible. Should be comfortable being heads-down in a long term, in-depth editing task, as well as hitting pause to jump in quickly on an urgent assignment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and media management skills
- Possesses solid communication skills and can give and take constructive feedback well
- Constantly seeks opportunities to develop technical skills, learns well from failure, and isn’t afraid to ask questions
It’d be great if you also have:
- Ability to storyboard
- Experience with online learning
- Design experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.