About the job
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced videographer to join our creative team. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of producing engaging, shareable videos for editorial, social, and sponsor needs.
This could be a contract or full-time position.
• Shoot, edit, and upload video assets in a timely fashion, under shifting deadlines and pressures.
• Work independently and collaborate with other members of the creative team.
• Create headlines, chatter text and select appropriate tease images and social cuts for video content.
• Act professionally and courteously with internal team, talent, other video crews and interview subjects.
• Analyze content and recognize whether it is appropriate for our audience and be able to clearly communicate content criteria and decisions.
• Manage time well because it will be vital to be a multi-tasker who meets assigned deadlines.
• Work quickly under pressure in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
• Pay attention to detail and be committed to producing high-quality work.
• Be an enthusiastic and energetic team player.
• Take direction and offer feedback.
• Utilize new trends and emerging technologies to attract and grow an audience.
• Have the ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with others.
• Should understand and monitor and interpret traffic numbers to determine how our audience is engaging with the video content we produce.
• Travel for assignments as needed.
The videographer must have at least three years of professional experience:
• Shooting high quality, engaging HD videos for media sites and/or brands. This person will create both editorial and branded content.
• Conducting interviews in the field.
• Developing project plans and collaborating on pre-production calls.
• Delivering videos with superior visual and sound quality.
• Editing with Premiere Pro.
• Uploading videos to Brightcove, Vimeo, etc.
• Ideally, proficient in After Effects. Most of our videos include motion graphics, so that experience is preferred.
• Managing budgets and using resources efficiently.
• Producing video for social distribution – from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram.
• Shooting live streaming video for social platforms a plus.
The videographer will be involved in all aspects of the creative process – brainstorming with team members, offering direction to talent and social team, generating new ideas and making decisions in the field and when editing.
The videographer should:
• Develop a high quality video product for our sites and our partners and sponsors.
• Grow the audience for video content.
• Find creative and efficient methods of production.
• Be creative and have fun.
• Find innovative ways to tell stories and share information with visuals.
• Be capable and willing to train interns and staff members.
This position is based in our downtown Atlanta office.
Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism, photography, video, multimedia, art, or related field is desired.