Riding a wave of increased spending by the military and defence sector, and bolstered by the pressing need for Oil & Gas and broadcast organizations to streamline operations and optimize operational costs through the use of advanced technologies, VITEC, a global leader in end-to-end video streaming solutions, has doubled down on its investment in the Middle East. Earlier this year, the company established its presence in the region with the inauguration of an office in Dubai and has since expanded its workforce and customer base at an accelerated pace.
Outlining his organization’s rapid expansion in the region, Nicolas Pons, VP Business Development Middle East at VITEC said, “Given the space that VITEC operates in, the prevailing socio-economic conditions in the region have proven favourable, fuelling our growth. Across industry verticals, our expertise and future-proof, market-leading solutions are helping customers achieve their ambitious objectives with confidence in the quality and security of their investments. We have firmly committed to the region and will continue to invest in our presence here as we deepen our ties with customers, strengthen our channel, and help drive the maturity of the digital video delivery sector.”
Pons outlined two key technology focus areas for VITEC in the Middle East:
- Point-to-Point Broadcasting: Given the need for live reporting from the field to cover the near-constant stream of breaking news and events in the region, VITEC see this as an essential solution for broadcasters. VITEC takes the benefits of HEVC encoding out of the server room and into the field by integrating a high-quality, low-delay hardware codec into a professional appliance, reducing operating expenses and extending the reach of video services to remote destinations with bandwidth constraints. The company’s Point-to-Point broadcasting contribution solution is the industry’s only portable IP streaming solution for HEVC (H.265) MGW Ace Encoder, D265 Decoder, and EZ TV IPTV.
- IPTV & Digital Signage: Through its engagement with regional customers, VITEC has uncovered that being able to find secure, scalable cost-effective ways to distribute video is a key priority across a myriad of sectors, including enterprises, sports and entertainment, healthcare and government. VITEC‘s award winning EZ TV platform offers the most advanced IPTV experience with live streaming, on-demand video, digital recording, mosaic player, time-shifted TV and customizable look-and-feel. EZ TV content security and user-access controls are certified by military units and broadcasters for local and multi-site applications. Furthermore, the platform’s Digital Signage module uses powerful hardware-based endpoints to deliver eye-catching digital content with dynamic data and full HD IPTV content.
Over the next year, the company intends to continue the expansion of its workforce, extend is channel partner ecosystem, and deepen penetration into key customer accounts across the Oil & Gas, Broadcast, and Military & Defence sectors, particularly in the UAE, Jordan and Turkey.
“2019 has been a remarkable year for VITEC and we intend to build on our business momentum. We have a clear strategy for the region and are eager to establish our brand as the partner of choice for all the digital video delivery needs of Middle East organizations,” concluded Pons.
- New Sennheiser MKE 200 Microphone Enables Middle East Creators to Enhance Audio Capture on Cameras and Mobile Devices - September 1, 2020
- Sennheiser Enables Businesses Adapt to ‘New Normal’ with Touch-less Digital Audio Collaboration Solution - August 19, 2020
- #DontStoptheEducation: Sennheiser Announces Virtual Roundtable on Online Conferencing and Remote Learning - July 14, 2020