Spatial Mic Dante precisely captures the entire soundfield with 8 capsules, while providing output flexibility for critical recording and live broadcast using built-in Dante audio networking and remote configuration.
Voyage Audio is proud to introduce Spatial Mic Dante, a hybrid analog-digital 2nd order ambisonic microphone featuring unmatched control, versatility and quality. Building on the success of Voyage Audio’s light and compact Spatial Mic USB, this completely new microphone provides a premium rugged design with a locking Neutrik etherCON.
With Audinate’s industry standard Dante audio networking built-in, there is no need for complex multi-microphone & preamp setups — plug in an ethernet cable and focus on recording immersive audio for VR, surround sound, ATMOS, spatial and stereo music, concerts, and live broadcasts. With the flexibility to output complex polar patterns of your choice and aim around the soundfield, Spatial Mic Dante brings the freedom to experiment with sound in completely new ways.
“By far the most requested feature since the introduction of Spatial Mic USB has been to add Dante”, said Voyage Audio founder Colin Ritchie. “Condensing an 8 channel professional networked audio device into a microphone body was very challenging, however the creative possibilities and opportunities this new design brings with it are very exciting.”
Included with Spatial Mic Dante is the new MicNet control app that lets you remotely adjust connected microphones on the network. Using filters created in an anechoic chamber especially for Spatial Mic Dante, the Spatial Mic Converter plugin (VST & AAX) now works for post processing the entire Spatial Mic family — just select which mic the recording was created with from the new dropdown menu. Download the plugin and example sessions for free on the Voyage Audio website and explore audio in 3D.
Spatial Mic Dante Key Features
- Dante audio network interface up to 32-bit / 192 kHz
- AES67 mode up to 32-bit / 48 kHz
- 8 capsules for 2nd order ambisonics
- Capsule SNR of 78dB-A and 136 dB Max SPL
- Configurable output for unprocessed, surround sound, ambiX & virtual mics with pattern controls (continuously variable from omni to cardioid to figure-8)
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
- Cirrus Logic ADC & THAT Corp analog front end
- Individual calibration for balanced array
MicNet Control Key Features
- Remote Control of analog stage and internal DSP processing
- Change between unprocessed, 1st order ambisonics, surround feeds (5.1, 5.1.2, 7.1) and virtual mic mono or stereo pairs with pattern control and make-up gain.
- Control multiple mics on the network from a single instance of MicNet Control
- High pass filter, gain trim and comprehensive level metering
- Available for both Windows and Mac
Spatial Mic Converter Plugin Key Features
- Encodes unprocessed audio from Spatial Mic to first or second order ambisonics in AmbiX or Fuma formats, Surround Sound (up to 7.1.4 ATMOS) or virtual mic patterns including mid-side for mono or stereo output.
- Multiple Output filters — created using measurements from an anechoic chamber
- Change aim and orientation
- High pass filter, gain trim and comprehensive level metering and individual controls depending on which output stage is selected
- Free download as VST3 and AAX
Spatial Mic Dante (software included) — Fall 2022 – $2,899USD MAP
Learn more about Spatial Mic Dante:
About Voyage Audio
Voyage Audio was founded in San Diego, CA to design, build and market innovative microphones and software for audio recording and production. With a rich history in electronics, music and over 30 years of combined experience designing and building microphones, the Voyage Audio team has brought dozens of products to market for major mic manufacturers, winning both Pro Audio Review and TEC awards. Spatial Mic USB, their first product was named “Best of NAMM 2020” by multiple media outlets.
Voyage Audio is a registered trademark of Voyage Audio LLC
Audinate Group Limited (ASX:AD8) has a vision to pioneer the future of AV. Audinate’s award winning Dante AV over IP networking solution is the worldwide leader and used extensively in the professional live sound, commercial installation, broadcast, public address, and recording industries. Dante replaces traditional analogue cables by transmitting perfectly synchronized AV signals across large distances, to multiple locations at once, using nothing more than an Ethernet cable. Audinate is headquartered in Australia and has regional offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Hong Kong. Dante technology powers products available from hundreds of leading audio partners around the world. The company’s ordinary shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code AD8.
Dante and Audinate are registered trademarks of Audinate Pty Ltd.
- The New Jersey Broadcasters Association Announces The Appointment Of Association Management Incorporated To Pilot The Organization - December 5, 2022
- New High-Resolution Radar-as-a-Service Promises to Dramatically Change the Way TV Stations Cover Weather - November 29, 2022
- Motion Spell Deploys GPAC Open Source Software with NETFLIX to Build a Flexible Encoding and Packaging Platform - November 8, 2022