Industry leader in cloud-based asset management adds new features to improve dailies management, transcoding, delivery of assets and creative collaboration.
HOLLYWOOD—WCPMedia Services today announces significant improvements to its market-leading, cloud-based media management platform to help television and motion picture producers better store, manage and share assets throughout the production cycle. New features and enhancements address core production activities including dailies management and transcoding, review and approval, and distribution to post-production partners and end-users. WCPMedia allows producers to control their assets efficiently and securely by harnessing the power of the cloud.
“The WCPMedia platform brings a new level of coherence and efficiency to workflow management,” says WCPMedia Managing Director—Americas Kenneth Yas. “It allows producers to deliver assets—including high resolution media—to production partners and other stakeholders around the country or around the world quickly, while cutting costs and improving security. It also enhances the creative process by removing geographic barriers and allowing parties, wherever they happen to be, to share access to media and to collaborate seamlessly.”
Producers of the current television series The Young Pope¸ from Sky, HBO and Canal Plus, used the WCPMedia platform to manage dailies and share them with editors and members of the production team across Europe and the United States, as well as sharing edits and finished episodes first with the director, cast and producers, then with press and distributors.
DITs working on Disney’s Tini – El Gran Cambio De Violetta used WCPMedia to move high-resolution editorial materials from a remote shooting location in southern Italy to editors in Spain and the U.K.
Rome facility Augustus Color used the platform to deliver dailies for the psychological thriller Black Butterfly, an AmbiPicture production, to editors in Spain, while streaming lower resolution versions to selected producers and partners in Europe and the U.S.
Among other projects, WCPMedia is currently being used by the DIT, editors and director of Wonderwell, a feature film from Producer/Director Vlad Marsavin featuring the late Carrie Fisher in her last screen role, to exchange dailies, assembled scenes and rough cuts between Los Angles and Rome.
WCPMedia Services recently agreed to build the media asset backbone for Taiwan-based Huallywood Film Studio to service productions originating in Asia and the United States.
New and enhanced features include:
- Automated Thumbnails: Key-frame thumbnails are automatically applied to dailies as they are uploaded.
- Personalized Emails: Communicate directly with others who share content, collateral material, screening rooms and other assets.
- Improved Filter and Search: Filter and search content via user-defined tags (e.g. title, episode, genre, category).
- Content Viewing: View content as either a flat list (searchable by field) or by database hierarchy.
- Streamlined Landing Page: Redesigned user interface makes it easier to carry out routine tasks.
- Support for HTML5: New HTML5 streaming player includes variable playback speed, repeat, sequential play and other features.
- More Flexibility for Screening Rooms: Create Screening Rooms by custom catalog. Selectively provide content to individual customers for better control over sensitive assets.
- Content Hierarchies: Create and define hierarchies for organizing assets by “day,” “take,” etc.
About WCPMedia Services
Founded in 2011 in Switzerland, World Content Pole SA (aka WCPMedia Services) is an entertainment software and services company based in Europe (Switzerland), USA and Canada that manages, markets and distributes content to business partners and clients quickly, easily and securely. WCPMedia Services offers a platform of smart process applications that combines proprietary software with top-tier solutions developed by proven and trusted technology companies.
For more information, visit www.wcpmediaservices.com
Canada Office: 390 Bay Street, Suite 1706, Toronto M5H 2Y2
Europe Office: Via Zurigo 35, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland
Latest posts by Artisans PR (see all)
- Motion Picture Sound Editors (MPSE) to Honor Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer Cece Hall with Career Achievement Award - September 18, 2019
- Colorist Society International at IBC 2019 - September 12, 2019
- Killer Tracks Rebrands as Universal Production Music - September 12, 2019