While the industry has long relied on dependable and robust SDI solutions, IP, the newest networking solution on the horizon, is proving to be agile, reliable, interoperable, and cost-effective—especially for broadcast environments.
Yet the real-world challenges of implementing an IP infrastructure are vast and complex.
This white paper will explore the considerations that broadcasters should keep in mind when attempting to transition successfully to IP, namely:
- Key differences between IP and SDI
- Understanding the real strength of IP: improving workflows, cutting costs
- How facility type impacts an IP transition (including those looking at UHD, aka “4K”)
- Skills and training needed for an IP future
- Next steps to take in the transition to IP