- Industry’s first action camera to combine 4K30 video recording, integrated touchscreen and up to two hours of battery life
- Available on Amazon.co.uk for shipping all over Europe
UK – August 10, 2016 – YI Technology, the leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, has announced the launch of the industry’s first and only action camera that provides 4K30 video recording with the longest ever recording time.
The YI 4K Action Camera enables users to shoot the clearest quality images with up to 120 minutes of recording time and is the latest release in the company’s successful line of action and home cameras. The camera can be controlled via an integrated 2.19-inch, 640×360 resolution touchscreen at 330ppi. With a full 160-degree viewing angle, the display ensures users can preview their videos on the fly and never miss a shot.
At the forefront of the market with its unmatched price point of GBP 229.99/ EUR 269.99, the action camera is built with Sony’s 12MP IMX377 CMOS image sensor and the latest A9SE75 processor from Ambarella. This allows users to capture and share moments with increased speed and lower power consumption — including 4K30 video recording at 30 frames per second.
The resulting video images are clear and natural as the camera has a built-in lens distortion correction and electronic image stabilisation. It also supports multiple slow motion speeds and shows the slo-mo footage as it records, which removes the need to edit the video after the shoot.
Sean Da, co-founder and CEO of YI Technology says: “There is a growing demand for affordable innovation in the UK and European action camera market — not just from professional filmmakers, but anyone from holidaymakers to sports people, who want to get the clearest possible moving images of their activity.
“This camera strikes the balance between providing the quality and long recording times needed to shoot the best action video with an easy to use touchscreen that can be picked up in seconds by amateurs. Whether users are creating professional content or just capturing memories, we believe that the best imaging technology should be available and accessible
to everyone, and at an affordable price. We’ve packed the YI 4K Action Camera with the best components the industry has to offer, to fully deliver on the demands of this market.”
The YI 4K Action Camera also features a new, integrated dual microphone, so the audio on the film can be as clear and crisp as the images on the screen.
The YI 4K Action Camera has been launched to the US market to favourable reviews. 4KShooters.net said: “However, the most significant upgrades in this new model are the built-in Lens Distortion Correction and Electronic Image Stabilisation. The battery life when shooting in 4K is also doubled compared to what a GoPro Hero4 Black can deliver – from 65 minutes to a full 120 minutes (or 2 hours on a single charge of the internal 1400 mAh battery)! Impressive indeed.”
Reviewers from Dotdashes.com said: In brief, this is a direct competitor to the GoPro Hero 4 Black which is the top end of the GoPro action camera series. Here’s where the YI 2 Action camera outruns the GoPro Hero 4 Black: Battery, in-built stabiliser, better microphone.”
To help film the action in different shooting scenarios, a wide range of compatible YI accessories have been developed. A Bluetooth 4.0 remote control is available for shooting from a distance and the accompanying apps for iOS and Android allow people to film, edit and share professional-quality pictures and videos on the fly with no PC needed. Other accessories include an expandable selfie-stick, waterproof camera housing, and harnesses for wearing or mounting the action camera.
For more information, please visit: www.yitechnology.com/actioncamera/
YI 4K Action Camera Tech Specifications:
With the YI 4K Action Camera, users will experience thrilling moments with crystal-clear fidelity, thanks to significant innovations and upgrades.
- New-generation Ambarella A9SE75 processor, featuring dual 800MHz Cortex-A9 ARM cores and a highly efficient digital signal processor (DSP) for high performance and low power consumption.
- Latest low power Sony IMX377 12-megapixel CMOS image sensor.
- Picture Quality: 7 layers of optical glass lenses combined with F2.8 large aperture increase light intake to capture crisp and detailed footage.
- LCD Touch Screen: Featuring a 2.19-inch, 640×360 high-sensitivity touchscreen at 330PPI, protected with Gorilla Glass for action shooting. Viewable from 160° angle.
- Dual-band 5GHz/2.4GHz 802.11abgn Wi-Fi, with up to 30Mbps fast download speed.
- High Capacity Battery: Rechargeable 1400mAh high-voltage 4.4V lithium-ion battery.
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 1.7 x 1.2 inches.
- Weight: 3.4 ounces (94g) including camera and battery.
Pricing and Availability:
YI 4K Action Camera is available in Night Black, Pearl White, and Rose Gold.
Price: GBP 229.99/ EUR 269.99.
YI 4K Action Camera is available on Amazon here: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IVQGOOA
YI 4K Action Camera Set: YI 4K Action Camera, a selfie stick and a Bluetooth remote, is available on Amazon here: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IVQJSPC
About YI Technology:
YI Technology is a leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, products, services and platforms. Our development team consists of the industry-leading experts from US, China, Japan and Israel with hundreds of person-years of experience in imaging technology, algorithms, data analysis and mobile applications. We are committed to using innovative technology to make everyday life safer, richer and more fun.
We believe the very best imaging and sensing technology should be easy and accessible to everyone. With our passion, hard work and commitment to combine the highest quality and value, millions of users from every corner of the world and all ages are feeling greater peace of mind, inspiration and connection with their families, friends and communities. For more information visit www.yitechnology.com.
- Nevion and TAG partner to simplify the deployment of broadcast production solutions - January 18, 2023
- Nevion Awarded Information Security Management System Certification - November 15, 2022
- Norway’s TV 2 and Telenor to build a sports production ecosystem using Nevion solution - September 28, 2022