IBC 2022 Stand 6.A19 (Hall 6
Newest Evolution of BirdDog NDI PTZ Cameras Builds on the Innovations of the BirdDog P200 Series Cameras; Updated Sony Exmor R Broadcast Sensor Delivers Increased Light Sensitivity, Best-in-Class Image Quality and Performance
Melbourne, Australia (September 9, 2022) – BirdDog (www.BirdDog.tv) today announced it is expanding its family of award-winning NDI® PTZ cameras with the launch of the BirdDog P240. With this announcement, BirdDog is building on the innovations of its P200 series cameras to further advance the category of best-in-class PTZ cameras and setting a new standard in the industry for format support, connection flexibility, and picture quality, while delivering excellent low light performance.
The all new BirdDog P240 introduces an updated Sony Exmor R broadcast sensor to deliver increased light sensitivity and superior image quality and performance, and offers three output options including NDI®, SDI, and HDMI for ultimate video flexibility. The new P240 also features Balanced XLR audio for professional audio connections, while IP output options feature multiple flavors of NDI® including Full NDI®, NDI®|HX2, and HX3, SRT, and h.264.
The BirdDog P240 also delivers a number of new features including:
- BirdDog’s custom NDI silicon;
- BirdDog Cloud 3.0 integration which unlocks globally connected remote productions;
- Four output options including NDI, SDI, HDMI for live production work;
- Output multiple flavors of NDI including Full NDI, NDI|HX2 and HX3, as well as other options including SRT, h.264, and Cloud Connect (coming soon);
- Support for FreeD output for AR/VR workflows;
- An OLED display to show the IP address;
- 360° degree mohawk tally, filter thread;
- Free Auto-Tracking available;
- Camera supports NDI 5.5 natively.
Professional, Broadcast-Caliber Features
The new BirdDog P240 cameras feature a number of capabilities that add significant value to a professional live event production, from live sporting and concert events, to large enterprise corporate event production. Select features include:
- BirdDog Dashboard with Heads Up Display: The P240 features a comprehensive interface that provides system statistics such as the number of active connections, current bandwidth usage, and network traffic, and presented in an intuitive way to give users valuable insights at a quick glance.
- RUDP: Support for Reliable User Datagram Protocol reduces overall network load as not every packet needs to be acknowledged by every receiver. RUDP has error correction built in for smoothness and maximum reliability.
- NDI Genlock: With NDI Genlock, users can select an NDI source to be the timing master to provide more predictable timing in multi camera environments.
- FreeD: FreeD is a protocol for sending PTZ positioning data to AR/VR systems including Unreal Engine, Brainstorm, Vizrt’s Viz Virtual Studio, and many more. The P240 supports FreeD built directly into The Dashboard.
- NDI Video Scopes: The P240 cameras can generate scopes in-camera to send out as NDI, NDI Proxy, or both. This allows for monitoring scopes on the NDI Proxy while sending a clean main NDI feed simultaneously. Users can choose from Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope, or RGB Parade and the position on the NDI stream.
- 360° Mohawk Tally: Innovative new Mohawk Tally gives a full 360 degree view to eliminate the guesswork of which camera users need to be talking to.
- Unique Numbering System: Removable silicon numbers at the back of the P240 give additional Tally vision and allow switcher operators to easily identify cameras.
- OLED Display: Convenient OLED displays allow for information such as IP Address, Device Name, Stream Name, Resolution, and Frame Rate. This feature can also be accessed in The Dashboard.
- Most Formats Now Supported: Along with Full NDI, the P240 will soon support a significant number of formats including NDI|HX2, NDI|HX3, SRT, H.264 for low bandwidth requirements.
- Globally Connected. No computers needed: By adding a BirdDog Cloud subscription, users can now access the PTZ cameras and all features from anywhere in the world with no additional computers needed on the camera side.
- Sophisticated Color Tools: The P240 hosts an expansive set of color tools. With 64 levels of saturation and hue control over red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, and magenta, users can shade and match P240 cameras like a professional colorist.
- FREE Cam Control: The BirdDog Cam Control app offers simple, user-friendly features for dialing in to BirdDog cameras. Simply load on a Windows 10 machine on the same network as the BirdDog cameras and access all functions of the camera through a beautiful interface. Quickly dial in the look you like and copy settings across multiple cameras in seconds. And it is free with all BirdDog cameras.
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog’s new P240 NDI PTZ cameras will be available in Q4 2022 and are priced at $2,995.00 USD. For more detailed information on BirdDog’s lineup of NDI workflow solutions, please visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
BirdDog is a global video technology company that enhances the quality, speed, and flexibility of video through a range of solutions, augmented with NDI® (Network Device Interface). This enables video-compatible products to communicate, deliver and receive high-definition video over a computer network in a high-quality, low-latency manner, that is frame accurate and suitable for switching in a live production environment. End users of BirdDog’s products cover a wide range of market segments, including Professional Video, Broadcast, Audio Visual and large private and public sector organizations. BirdDog listed on the Australian Stock Exchange 20 December 2021 (ASX ticker code: BDT). For more information, visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
- VEGAS Creative Software Adds More Powerful AI Engine, Enhances Color GradingWorkflow Features in Free Update to VEGAS Pro 20 - January 23, 2023
- Clippn Launches Custom Video Workflow Management Service for News, Media and Archival Organizations - December 14, 2022
- BirdDog Announces Central Pro 2.0 Now Shipping with Free Upgradefor Existing Users - October 31, 2022