Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max has been given a full makeover, with new intuitive controls, presets and GPU-accelerated previews, making it a fast and easy way to tackle tight deadlines. The new Phoenix FD integrates seamlessly into Autodesk 3ds Max and renders with V-Ray, Chaos Group’s industry-standard lighting and rendering solution.
“Phoenix FD is like a Swiss Army knife for effects. It can handle everything from flaming arrows and drops of water to erupting volcanoes or an armada of ships,” said Svetlin Nikolov, Phoenix FD Team Lead at Chaos Group. “It’s a handy tool that is fast and easy to use without being overly technical.”
“Phoenix FD is our go-to tool for fluid simulations,” said Joern Grosshans, VFX Supervisor at Mackevision. “When working on the new season of ‘Game of Thrones’, we needed the wakes coming off the CG ships to look as realistic as possible. Phoenix FD proved to be reliable, fast, and seamlessly integrated into 3ds Max. It was exactly what we needed.”
Highlights of Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max include:
- Infinite ocean – Create infinite ocean waves that never repeat.
- Ocean & beach waves – Seamlessly transition from procedural ocean waves to simulated beach waves.
Advanced simulations and controls
- FLIP solver – Enables faster, more realistic liquid simulations for splashes, sprays, foam, mist and waves.
- Improved fire and smoke solver – Realistic smoke and fire with natural rolling motion and fine details can be created without increasing resolution.
- Cascade simulations – Create a series of simulations that trigger and interact with each other.
- Refine existing simulations – Add detail and increase resolution without changing simulation shape or behavior.
- Simulation retiming – Speed up or slow down simulation playback, perfect for slow motion effects.
- Custom emission sources – Use a wide range of emission sources including animated meshes, texture maps, particles and more.
- New forces – Influence simulations with forces like wind, spline follow, and mesh attraction.
Pipeline and compatibility
- Compatibility – Compatible with top industry tools such as Alembic, Krakatoa, Stoke MX and OpenVDB.
Pricing & Availability
Phoenix FD 3.0 is available now for Autodesk 3ds Max and is a free upgrade for all Phoenix FD 2.x customers. A Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max Workstation license is $830 and includes one floating user license and one floating simulation license. Additional simulation licenses are available for $210. Contact [email protected] for volume discounts.
For more information, visit www.chaosgroup.com/phoenix-fd/3ds-max.
- JVC Flexes Its Muscles For Strongman Competition Livestreams - November 22, 2021
- CONNECT ramps up its NMS SaaS offer with a new cloud-powered solution - November 18, 2021
- Chulalongkorn University Uses Blackmagic Design Workflow for Online and Streaming Classes - August 25, 2020