London, UK, October 18th, 2022: ITN Productions, the creative production arm of ITN, has joined the ever expanding list of postproduction facilities choosing Leader test equipment and services to meet their 4K-DCI, UHD-TV and HDR test and measurement requirements. The multiple award-winning company has purchased a Leader LV7600 12G-SDI rasterizing waveform monitor as the primary reference for a newly completed 4K DCI facility at ITN’s Central London headquarters. The LV7600 was supplied and integrated by Leader Europe channel distribution partner Jigsaw24.
“Demand for programmes originated in 4K/DCI/HDR is steadily increasing, both for linear broadcasting and on-demand OTT viewing,” says James Bennett, Head of Technical Operations, Post Production, at ITN Productions. “We approached Jigsaw24 to advise us on equipping and configuring a new editing, grading and QC suite as a high-end resource for checking and processing a wide range of film and television content.
“The trigger for choosing Leader was the company’s long-established and reputation for high quality test and measurement products. Jigsaw24 recommended the Leader LV7600 rasterizing waveform monitor for its precise and repeatable performance, versatile toolset and future-proof modularity.
“We also opted for 12G-SDI, HDR and customizable layout software licences. The customizable layout option allows grading as well as QC of content to be performed within a single reference instrument. We have already used it to deliver our first programme and it has been crucial in getting episodes to specification and accepted through the OTT’s QC process.”
Leader’s LV7600 rasterizer offers the same facilities as the half-rack-width 3U LV5600 mains-powered multiscreen test instrument SDI/IP test instrument but in a compact 1U minus the LV5600’s integral display. Both form part of the ZEN product series. A wide range of engineering-related features are accessible in the LV7600, either as standard features or as easily added options. The rasterizer’s capabilities include test pattern generation, eye pattern display, closed-caption monitoring, CIE chroma chart, high dynamic range measurement, focus assist, customizable screen layout, tally interface, 4K/UHD operation, 10G IP input and 12G-SDI interfaces. SMPTE 2022-6, SMPTE 2022-7 and SMPTE 2110 protocols are all supported. The LV7600 also incorporates Leader’s intuitive CINEZONE and CINELITE which are familiar to many content production staff. Additional features such as enhanced media-over-IP measurement can be added whenever needed, making the instrument truly future-proof.
ITN Productions is the creative production arm of ITN, producing over 10,000 hours of content every year for broadcasters, businesses, brands, rights holders and digital channels. It has won over 100 industry awards during the past three years. ITN Productions’ services include:
- Producing factual and entertainment films, TV programmes and series for major networks across the globe.
- Creating TV commercials, branded entertainment and live and reactive content for world-renowned brands and creative agencies.
- Hosting broadcast services and live sports programming for leading sports federations and channels.
- Originating industry-specific news-style programming in partnership with industry bodies and associations.
- Supplying news content and live broadcast facilities to major international broadcasters, top tier publishers and global video platforms.
- Generating educational resources for the world’s biggest publishers.
Leader Electronics has earned a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing highly reliable, practical, and powerful test & measurement instruments. Leader products are specified for broadcast, production, post-production, research, product development, and service applications. Manufacturing quality is built in every step of the way. The Leader product range includes award-winning 3G/HD/SD SDI waveform monitors and rasterizers, all with customizable layouts. Among the available options are 8K, 4K-UHD, CIE chroma chart, HDR measurement, test pattern generation, eye and jitter measurement, closed-caption display, IP, and 12G/6G-SDI. Leader has helped many customers manage their transition from analog to digital, from SD to HD, from HD to 4K/UHD, from SDR to HDR, and from BT.709 to BT.2020 wide chroma gamut. Leader also provides SMPTE ST2022-7 and ST2110 support for the transition from SDI to IP.
- Hayat TV, Sarajevo, Upgrades with Capture Suite Ingest and AirBox Neo-20 Playout - November 29, 2022
- Test & Measurement Solutions for the Globally Evolving Broadcast Media Market - November 28, 2022
- Custom Consoles MediaWall, Module-R and MDesk-Technical Go Live for New TV Production Hub - November 10, 2022