Leader Instruments Corporation is pleased to announce its first two-company joint demonstration since its acquisition of PHABRIX in 2019, showcasing the latest advances in broadcast test & measurement on Central Hall booth C6118 at the 2022 NAB Show in Las Vegas. The key theme of the exhibit is Making Your SDI/IP Transition Smooth, including new technologies to ensure an effective advance from serial digital to IP, HD to 4K UHD and beyond in with both standard dynamic range and HDR.
Whether you are a broadcaster, production studio, remote production center, OB truck operator, post house, equipment manufacturer or online media service provider, Leader and PHABRIX have all your test & measurement requirements covered. The NAB booth will comprise a Leader Zone and a PHABRIX zone, highlighting the latest advancements.
In the Leader zone:
- The LV5600 waveform monitor and LV7600 rasterizer remove the stress of live production. Simultaneous monitoring of SDI, IP and NMOS IP sources is available in multiscreen mode whether displayed via the integral monitor on the LV5600 or the rasterizer output from the LV7600.
- The LV5350 SDI waveform monitor and LV7300 rasterizer are designed for use by camera crews, colorists, editors and support technicians working in the SDI domain. The LV5350 can be powered from mains or battery.
- Leader’s LV5900 incorporates a wide range of tools for content producers, broadcasters and equipment manufacturers progressing into 8K. A Leader-developed focus detection algorithm applies nonlinear super-resolution technology even to low-contrast images for which focus errors were previously difficult to detect. The LV5900 is compatible with the SMPTE ST2082-12 standard which receives 8K images via 12G-SDI quad link.
- The Leader LT4610 signal generators provide the tools needed to check timing which is critical both in SDI systems and IP systems. Leader will show how to solve black burst and PTP sync issues plus the smart tools needed to ensure reliable timing at every point from live production through to transmission.
- Leader’s LVB440 IP analyzer is equipped to handle a large number of high data rate IP feeds simultaneously within a large broadcast facility or in a REMI configuration. Production crews can perform real-time troubleshooting of IP-based network audio and video streams from SD to 4K, with 8K monitoring configurations available.
In the PHABRIX zone:
- Qx Series advanced, compact, feature-rich hybrid IP/SDI, 4K/UHD rasterizers, with the latest suite of:
- AMWA NMOS tools providing flexibility when integrating with an NMOS controller and associate network topology.
- Updated NMOS receiver providing far more detailed information on the status of the NMOS API, assisting the analysis and debug of NMOS interoperability
- The QxL now includes an NMOS sender to accompany the comprehensive 2110-20/30/31/40 generator with support for both 422 and 444 video formats in 2110-20.
- New EUHD formats option available on QxL, provides support for analysis and generation of UHD/4K YCbCr/RGB 444 formats in the range 47.95P – 60P.
- New PCAP flexible 25G full line rate 4GB programmable PCAP capture tool for QxL (10G line rate and 1GB PCAP for Qx), available as a PCAP license. The tool provides a flexible range of options for capturing live IP traffic on either a single or dual media interfaces while in 2110 mode.
- New Dolby E Decoder and Metadata Analyzer license providing a clear and accessible view of the Dolby E metadata present in Dolby E and ED2 audio streams. Dolby E stream timing indication is provided for SDI or ST 2022-6 broadcast chains.
- Rx Series 2K/3G/HD/SD rasterizers with fully-featured, price aggressive, multi-channel capabilities including a new 6 bar gamut tool.
- Sx Series industry-renowned PHABRIX handheld instruments. Sx TAG’s IP capabilities provide PHABRIX with a unique range of IP T&M solutions from handheld units through to Qx/QxL rasterizers, fitting different IP applications and budgets.
Leader (www.leader.co.jp/en) has earned a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing highly reliable, practical, and powerful test & measurement instruments. Leader products are specified for broadcast, production, post-production, research, product development, and service applications. Manufacturing quality is built in every step of the way. The Leader product range includes award-winning 3G/HD/SD SDI waveform monitors and rasterizers, all with customizable layouts. Among the available options are 8K, 4K-UHD, CIE color chart, HDR measurement, test pattern generation, eye and jitter measurement, closed-caption display, IP, and 12G/6G-SDI. Leader has helped many customers manage their transition from analog to digital, from SD to HD, from HD to 4K/UHD, from SDR to HDR, and from BT.709 to BT.2020 wide color gamut. Leader also provides SMPTE ST2022-7 and ST2110 support for the transition from SDI to IP.
PHABRIX (www.phabrix.com) is a Leader company which maintains its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in the UK. All PHABRIX products are available in the Americas via Leader Instruments Corporation. PHABRIX produces a wide range of broadcast test and measurement equipment. These include portable and rackmount systems for rapid fault diagnosis, compliance monitoring, and product development. Technology strengths include IP video stream generation and analysis, advanced HDR/WCG visualization, and ultra-responsive physical layer analysis. The PHABRIX product portfolio includes the top-of-the range Qx 12G for hybrid IP, 4K/UHD, and HDR/WCG signal generation, analysis, and video/audio monitoring. The advanced, rackmount Rx range provides fast intermittent fault diagnosis in 3G/HD-SDI environments, using video capture and remote access. For applications demanding ultra-portable instruments, the company also offers the award-winning Sx range.
- The New Jersey Broadcasters Association Announces The Appointment Of Association Management Incorporated To Pilot The Organization - December 5, 2022
- New High-Resolution Radar-as-a-Service Promises to Dramatically Change the Way TV Stations Cover Weather - November 29, 2022
- Motion Spell Deploys GPAC Open Source Software with NETFLIX to Build a Flexible Encoding and Packaging Platform - November 8, 2022