#GALSNGEAR, an initiative of Women in Film & Video (WIFV), will be hosting several events on April 9th through the 10th as part of the 2019 NAB Show in Las Vegas. #GALSNGEAR is so important to our industry in working to ensure women in media production gain access to the latest industry technology and high-level networking opportunities.
“Women are leading throughout our industry. Partnering with NAB Show, #GALSNGEAR puts the focus on those leaders to be sure they are visible in the booths, on the show floor, on panels and across all technical fields of media-making,” said Director/Producer and #GALSNGEAR Founder Amy DeLouise.
The current schedule of events is as follows:
Tuesday, April 9:
- 8:30 – 9 a.m. – Networking coffee in the Central Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center, hosted by Blackmagic Design.
- 9 – 10 a.m. – Panel discussion and equipment demonstrations broadcast on “NAB Show LIVE.” The broadcast will be co-hosted by Crowded TV Founder Adryenn Ashley and Amy DeLouise.
- 2 – 4 p.m. – Demonstration of the newest Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro in The Mandy Network booth (SL14317). Co-sponsored by The Mandy Network, B&H- The Studio and Blackmagic Design.
Wednesday, April 10:
- 10:30 – 11:20 a.m. – “What’s New, What’s Next in Post”- Panel discussion about the latest advancements in post technologies and workflows. Participants include: producer, author and entrepreneur Darley Newman; Senior Mixer and Founder of Ott House Audio Cheryl Ottenritter, Five One Color Founder and Senior Colorist Aline Sinquin; and Amy DeLouise.
- 2 – 3:15 p.m. – “Case Studies in VR: Creators in Action” (a Post|Production World session)- Panel discussion about new strategies and tools available for virtual reality production. Participants include: Immersionn Founder Alexandra Hussenot; Two Bit Circus Chief Creative Officer Nancy Bennett; Datzi Media Producer and Instructor at Palm Beach Atlantic University Danilda Martinez; Metastage CEO Christina Heller; and Amy DeLouise.
- 6 – 8 p.m. – Invite-only cocktail reception, sponsored by Dolby and Blackmagic Design.
“We are excited about how well-received our #GALSNGEAR panels and networking events have been during NAB Show,” said WIFV President Robin Noonan-Price. “Our goal is to ensure women in media tech have a place at the table, and a visible one, at such important industry events.”
Last year’s #GalsNGear event at NAB Show successfully drew hundreds of attendees, as well as, the live stream on “NAB Show LIVE” produced by Broadcast Beat Magazine captured even more viewers. Additionally, the #GalsNGear hashtag gained over a whopping eight million impressions in just three days! Nice job, Gals!
“The #GalsNGear events at NAB Show provide women in media, entertainment and technology the opportunity to connect while developing valuable professional skills,” said NAB Executive Vice President of Conventions and Business Operations Chris Brown. “We’re glad to again be partnering with Women in Film & Video to provide this valuable and empowering platform.”
Additional information is available here.
About Women in Film & Video: