The world’s most widely adopted software-defined IP video standard now allows anyone to easily share live, high quality, low latency video with anyone else in real time, using billions of devices
NDI® , a Vizrt Group brand, today unveiled NDI version 5 – a true revolution in video storytelling that turns the whole world into your studio. From the planet’s largest broadcasters to billions of smartphone users with a story to tell, NDI 5 makes it possible, for the first time in history, to connect to any device, in any location, anywhere in the world – allowing it to work with almost any video application in the world. Physical studios can connect to ones in the cloud and remote video production effectively becomes local.
“NDI is designed to harness the massive creative potential of software and networks, allowing anyone to work with video – and have fun doing it. All devices in the world are already connected. Now with NDI 5, you can easily build shows and share video between them, for free,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president of Research and Development for the Vizrt Group.
New to the NDI Tools free download with NDI 5 is NDI Bridge. Forming a secure bridge between any NDI network regardless of location, NDI Bridge redefines the concept of ‘remote workflows,’ opening up a wealth of new opportunities for live video production.
Also new to NDI Tools, NDI Remote allows anyone using just a URL to contribute live audio and video using an Internet-connected device, like a camera phone or a web browser, to another point anywhere in the world. NDI Remote allows anyone, anywhere to contribute to a show – big or small.
The benefits of NDI’s optimized codec and transport protocols provide unparalleled ease of use across existing networks. Other selected benefits of NDI 5 are:
- NDI Audio Direct: Provides seamless integration of NDI audio into software-based audio workflows, be they across a local network, in the cloud or hybrid, setting your production free from the limitations of hardware audio mixers
- Reliable UDP: As part of NDI’s mission to make video easier everywhere, RUDP transfer makes WAN and WiFi connections more resilient with less configuration required
- Apple Support: Full support for Apple silicon systems, bringing full NDI capability to all macOS, iOS, tvOS and iPadOS devices for the first time
- Improved Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro support: Adobe Premiere and After Effects plugin now features improved audio workflow. Updated plug-in allows output for Final Cut Pro with real-time audio and video frame buffer output
- And Much More: Many other benefits are available, including support for genlock – even remotely, selection of network adapters, and more
To make NDI even more accessible to new and experienced users alike, the free NDI Tools download has been reimagined for NDI 5, with a fresh interface and intuitive guidance built-in.
NDI® |HX Camera App Giveaway
NDI is delighted to be making 10,000 NDI® |HX Camera app downloads free of charge (normally $19.99 USD) so more people can experience the liberating creativity that NDI inspires the world over. This is limited time offer. Download today from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
The NDI 5 SDK and NDI Tools will be available for download in June. Anyone wishing to be notified once they are available can register at ndi.tv.
For more information, please visit www.ndi.tv
About NDI® :
NDI® is a free protocol for video over IP, enabling better video for everyone. NDI software is in the hands of millions of customers worldwide, creating an interconnected community of storytellers. NDI allows individuals and organizations to access the benefits of IP-based, software-defined visual storytelling for a fraction of the cost of other complimentary IP protocols.
About Vizrt Group
Vizrt Group is the world’s leading provider of visual storytelling tools for media content creators in the broadcast, sports, digital and pro-AV industries, helping them to build a better-informed world. The Group contains three of the strongest brands in the broadcast technology industry; NewTek, NDI® and Vizrt. All three are united by a passionately held single, simple purpose; more stories, better told.
Vizrt Group is a global and diverse organization with over 700 employees from 52 different nationalities, operating in 30 offices worldwide. It is privately-owned by Nordic Capital Fund VIII. www.vizrtgroup.com
- MainConcept Partners with Globo to Bring HDR Video of FIFA World Cup to Brazil - December 8, 2022
- Rugby League World Cup and Whisper Enhance Reach and Engagement with Tellyo - December 8, 2022
- The Passing of Peter Lawo - December 7, 2022